Just the start of forever

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 31, 2007

Slaying Dragons!

Okay so here is a funny story for all of you. This morning when Jeremy was getting ready to leave for work, Garrett handed him his (plastic) sword and insisted that he take it with him. He was so cute about it. He wanted to make sure that Dad was safe at work. So he gave him his sword and told him to put it in the back of his shirt (like the way the Ninja Turtles carry their weapons, yes he is a huge fan) and that way he can fight off any monsters or bad guys or, you know, any other reason he just might need a sword at work. Well Jeremy couldn't tell him no, and so the sword left the house with Dad to help him stay safe at work. (Insurance is a pretty dangerous job). I thought that it was so cute of Garrett to worry about his daddy this way, I had to post this story for everyone to read. The thing is, this is not the first time dad has had to take the sword with him. The first time he actually was given it to take, he left it in the house and Garrett started crying so hard, we had to chase Dad down to give it to him. Lucky for Dad (since he could have needed it that day) we were able to catch him in his truck before he drove off. I just hope that this doesn't become a daily habit. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year! Be sure to check out our blog from time to time, there is bound to be more fun and exciting stories like this one in the coming year.

4 comments:

Amy said...

lol! that is so great! Thanks for the pic of Jeremy with it actually in the back of his shirt! Awesome!

Stew and Traci said...

Meg again I laughed so hard i cried. Your family has a way of doing that to us! What a good little ninja daddy! I will be sure to have stewy see this!

John & Katie said...

I laughed and laughed when Meg told me this story. How Fun!

Devin and Melinda said...

That's cute! Garrett obviously loves his daddy! Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas!