Just the start of forever

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2008

Big Changes!

There are big changes happening in the Neff household. Thursday afternoon Jeremy and I received a phone call that would change our lives forever. On Friday we left for Arizona, and on Sunday we brought home our new little girl. Maizie Allison is three months old, born on my birthday April 10th 2008. She is a sweet little girl and a very good little baby. She sleeps through the night (joy) and hardly ever cries. The kids absolutely adore her. Especially Hailey, she wants to hold her all the time and is very upset if we tell her no. We are so thrilled to have this sweet little girl in our home. And we are so thankful to Carissa for trusting us to raise Maizie and to take care of her. I know that it has been a very difficult decision for her to make. Maizie has many challenges, including Down Syndrome. If anyone has any advice or experiences they would like to share about adoption or Down Syndrome, please feel free to leave a comment. We are happy for any help we can get. Enjoy the pictures we've included, there will be more to come. Maizie Allison (soon-to-be) Neff
Hailey and Garrett with baby Maizie
Maizie and Me
Jeremy and Maizie

19 comments:

Rubalcavas said...

I am so happy for you. She is so beautiful!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Meg, you and Jeremy are the most amazing people I know. I am so proud of you. What a selfless thing to do. Good luck. We love you. And we love little Maizie.

CASSIE said...

SHE MELTS MY HEART! WHAT A SWEET LITTLE ANGEL! CONGRATULATIONS..SHE'LL BE IN OUR PRAYERS!!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is awesome. I feel like it's been forever since we saw you guys and this is certainly a big change! Congratulations!

The Giles Files said...

What a blessing - for you to have such a sweet spirit come to your home and for Maizie have parents like you. Happy Baby Day! I am happy for you and your family.

Nicole Palmer said...

I love the name Maizie - how cute. What a little doll she is! Congratulations - you guys are awesome - what a lucky little girl she is to be part of your family!!

Nicole Palmer said...

What a miracle. You guys are amazing. She is a luck girl to be in your home. Great pictures. Can't wait to meet her. I'll fight Hailey over a chance to hold her. I know karate. -Gordon-

Anonymous said...

Oh she is so precious! Congrats. What an exciting new part of your lives. It is wonderful to see how new challenges will change your lives forever! Good luck!

Mom and Pop Reed said...

Meg and Jeremy,
Congratulations! You are just beginning an amazing journey.

For starters, check out this website:
http://dcfs.state.nv.us/DCFS_Adoption.htm

Email me with your questions at
reedroost@frontiernet.net

I've got your phone number and will try to call tomorrow.
Terry Reed

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Wow. That is a big change. Congrats. Have you been looking to adopt for awhile or did this opportunity just present itself and feel right?

Stew and Traci said...

Meg & Jeremy...you two already know how we feel about your new little one and we still believe you will be perfect for this. She is beautfiul and already holds a special place in our hearts. We can never truly know how big the plan is and day by day we push through and learn more about our purpose than we could ever imagine. What a great big sister and brother that little girl has!All our love and prayers!

Amy said...

Wow, what a change indeed! I'm happy for your growing family. You are amazing! Keep us updated. :)

Anonymous said...

Meg, give me your email and I'll send you over some info. hrtaylor @ asu.edu

Family of Strength said...

The Lord has clearly shown you his will. Stay close to Him and he will lead you as to how to care for this precious little daughter of God. Down Syndrome children are truly special but always remember, she is a daughter of God first. Don't let the labels scare you.
My prayers are with you,
Rachel

Brannon and Leslie said...

Wow, you guys are amazing!! Congratulations. She is just beautiful. I'm so happy for you and your little family.

kayleen said...

Meg and Jeremy...I am so "tickled pick." I love you guys so much and I love my new little niece. She's going to be such a blessing to all who meet her, especially to you and your family.

Aunt Bec said...

You found me! Congratulations on your new little one. I know huge blessings will come to your cute little family. All of your kids are adorable.

Becky said...

I am so happy for you guys!! What a sweet blessing in your lives! And in hers! It was good seeing you in Snowflake! Let me know if you need anything:)

Kyson and Kodi said...

Meg,
Congrats. I am so happy for you guys. I just want you to know that I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the family that adopted me. I am sure that is how Maizie will feel as well. I think it is awesome you are so willing to give her a good home. The world needs more people like you. Kodi

Merry Christmas!