Just the start of forever

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Beach

We ended our family vacation with a quick trip to the beach. Although the weather wasn't the best for a beach day, it actually made it kinda nice because we had the beach pretty much to ourselves. The kids were very excited about going to the beach and seeing the ocean. Hailey wanted to catch a turtle, but unfortunately there were none. And although the water was too cold to swim in, we still had a great time playing in it, jumping waves and running from them trying not to get wet. Garrett got knocked down by a wave once and got completely wet. And although I felt bad for him since he was cold, it was still part of the experience of being at the beach. I can't remember how many times I was knocked down by waves when I was a kid. We also had fun playing in the sand. It was a great first trip to the beach. Hopefully next time we go back the weather will be a little warmer. Garrett and Dad running into the waves.
Hailey building sand castles on the beach.
Mom and the kids hanging out on the beach.
Dad and the kids playing in the sand.
Smiling for the camera, happy to be with my family at the beach.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful shots! That's funny about the turtle. Would have loved to see you actually try to catch one! lol

kayleen said...

Yeah, I remember the beach as a kid- its like summer didn't start until you got pushed over by a wave and swallowed salt water. Really cute picture of you Meg.

Merry Christmas!