Just the start of forever

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Fun

So, I know that this post isn't exactly in order, but here we are at the end of the day Saturday. Since Gordon and Nicole came to town we decided to all go out to dinner and a show. We had dinner at the Belagio at a place called The Buffet, which was, of course, a buffet. It was a very nice dinner and we enjoyed the company. After dinner we had tickets to see 'O', a Cirque du Soleil production. All I can say is, "WOW! It was absolutely amazing!" If you're ever in Vegas I highly recommend it. We felt like little kids because every thing we saw we were like, "WOW" over and over again. It was great, we loved it and were so glad we got to go with Nicole and Gordon. Thanks again for coming to visit you two. Dinner at The Buffet
Two of our favorite people, Gordon and Nicole.
This was the amazing ceiling in the theatre. A performer actually came down from the middle of it, crazy huh? We called it "the mother ship". HAHA!


For Father's Day this year we got Jeremy something he has been wanting for a while now. Actually, I can't really say that we got it, since he picked it out, but it was his Father's Day gift this year, even though it's a little early. It is a Springfield Armory .45 calliber pistol. Since he's had it we've been out shooting twice. The second time was just this Saturday. After spending the morning bike riding and at the pool (see below) we decided to go out shooting. Here I am giving the thumbs-up sign, signaling I am ready to go.
Jeremy adjusting his headphones before giving me instructions on what to do and what Not to do.
Here's the pro, he's a pretty good shot.
And here's me, the beginner. I have to say, it looks like I know what I'm doing. And I did hit what I was aiming at a few times. Ha ha! It's actually a lot of fun! Although if it was ever needed for safety reasons, I am not sure how I would do. Let's just hope it's never an issue.


This weekend was a lot of fun for us as a family. Gordon and Nicole came up for the weekend and we were able to go to lunch with them on Friday. (Sorry, no pictures from that outing). On Saturday morning we went out for a family bike ride. By the time we got back the kids were complaining of being hot and asked if we could go to the pool. It was a nice, warm morning so we said yes. We spent about an hour hanging out at the pool with the kids. They love playing in the water. We got some pretty sweet pictures of the kids, including this one of Garrett.
Hailey loved shooting everyone with her high-powered water gun. Beware of that girl, she totally snuck up on me while I was oblivious and got me all wet!
Jeremy jumped into the pool and made a big splash that the kids thought was totally cool. They're easily impressed, I know.
Garrett is just like his daddy, they both love the water. Once they get in, it is hard to get them out. He is growing so fast. Last year he couldn't touch the bottom of the pool, this year he can! It sure is fun to see them enjoying life so much!


5 comments:

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

FUN FUN FUN! I wish we had a day nice enough to go swimming! I love the goggles on Garrett. He's totally cute.

Nicole Palmer said...

We had such a great time with you guys! Love all the pictures - what an eventful weekend you had!! WOW!

Unknown said...

How fun! Nate wants a gun too. I would want to learn how to use it. You look awesome shooting! I don't know if I could use it if I had to though.

Karolynn Kay said...

Hi Neff family. I stumbled around your blog and wanted to say hi. Your family is beautiful! Looks like life is treating you all good. If you are around in July at Snowflake for the 24th celebration (happening the 18-19) a bunch of us 96 classmates are trying to get together. Take care Karolynn Kay Burgett

Sarah Pace said...

Wow meg i'm impressed! You really do look like a pro at shooting! good job!

Merry Christmas!